Install the .Net Framework 1.1 in Windows 7 64-bit easily.
Sometimes even the old version of .Net Framework 1.1 is needed for some special purpose older programs. But there is no regular older .Net Framework setup or way to install it on Windows 7 64-bit version. Here we provide you with few simple steps to achieve that.
First you need to download the actual framework setup files:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package – Download
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 – Download
After you downloaded the files follow these simple steps:
- Create new folder in your C: drive and name it as “DotNet“.
- Now move both downloaded files to this newly created folder.
- Open “Command prompt” with administrator rights.
- Type “cd C:\DotNet” and press “Enter“.
- Enter command dotnetfx.exe /c:”msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet” and answer “Yes” if asked.
- After install type this command “dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp“.
- Then enter this “msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp“.
- To install SP1 open “C:\DotNet” directory and execute “netfx.msi“file.
- Now restart your computer.
Found another way to install the framework on Windows 7 64-bit machine? Leave a comment below.