Here is a tested fix for Skype 7.0 to 7.6 version “Not enough storage is available to process this command” error. A lot of Skype users facing problems and there are no good solution, some reported about editing registry or updating Adobe Flash Player and IE may help, but in our case it wasn’t the solution. Here is how we managed to fix it and make it stable again.
We discovered that some accounts works great, others not on the same computer. Reinstalling Skype was not helpful, we even fresh Windows install, replacing RAM but had same result. We tried to create new account, and still faced the same error, the only account working was the very old one, created 5-6 years ago. So we decided to look for differences in settings, config. Nothing helped, until we found, that replacing account folders in AppData resolved the problem. So here are the steps to fix “Not enough storage is available to process this command” error:
- First, try different Skype accounts if you have, ask some family members. If you can’t find it, you can try our own account folders that we used: Skypefix.zip
- Quit Skype.
- Click “Start” then type or select “Run”.
- Type “%appdata%\Skype” and press “Enter”.
- Open your account folder named after your username in Skype.
- Delete all folders, but make sure you leave all other files with extensions like db, xml, lck, db-journal.
- Copy folders from other working Skype account (do not copy other files in root, just folders) or from Skypefix included.
- Then right click selecting all folders set to “Read only”, click “OK”, if asked apply changes to folders, subfolders and files.
- After that you should disable Skype automatic updates, because otherwise it will overwrite copied files and error will come again.
Note: This should also work for never Skype versions too.
That’s it, now you can try to log in and check. If you still facing same “Not enough storage is available to process this command” problem leave a comment, will try to help.